preconditions: Heat oven to 350 degrees.
|3 egg yolks|
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup water
8 packets sugar substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- Place a roasting pan on center shelf in oven and fill almost half way with boiling water. In a blender, combine yolks, eggs, cream, water, sugar substitute, vanilla, and ginger until very smooth.
- Pour through a sieve into a shallow 1quart baking dish.
- Carefully place dish in roasting pan (water should come up halfway up sides). Bake 30 to 35 minutes until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer to wire rack; cool to room temperature.
- Spray a piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray, lay directly over flan and chill 3 hours in refrigerator.
- Comments: If you aren't partial to the flavor of ginger, omit it and increase the vanilla extract to 1 tablespoon.
Carbohydrates: 3.5 grams
Net Carbs: 3.5 grams
Protein: 4.5 grams
Fat: 26.5 grams
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 265 Calories
26g Fat (88.0% calories from fat)
trace Dietary Fiber
51mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat
0 Non-Fat Milk
0 Other Carbohydrates.