Roasted Vegetable Soup
preconditions: Heat oven to 400 degrees.
|4 plum tomatoes - halved|
2 small eggplants - (abt 1 lb ea) - quartered lengthwise
6 green onions, white and 1" of green
4 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh marjoram
= (or 1 1/4 tspns dried marjoram)
2 cans reduced-sodium chicken broth - - (14 1/2 oz ea)
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Place tomatoes, eggplants, green onions and garlic in a shallow roasting pan.
- Toss with oil and marjoram. Roast, turning occasionally, 40 minutes until vegetables are tender and starting to brown.
- When eggplants are cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp into a large saucepot; add remaining vegetables. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 35 minutes until vegetables are very soft. Cool.
- Purée soup in blender in batches. Return soup to saucepot. Stir in cream, salt and pepper. Heat through.
- Comments: This soup can be made up to two days ahead. If it thickens too much, simply add a little extra chicken broth.
Carbohydrates: 12.5 grams
Net Carbs: 9 grams
Fiber: 3.5 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Fat: 17.5 grams
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 157 Calories
16g Fat (90.2% calories from fat)
trace Dietary Fiber
214mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch)
0 Non-Fat Milk