Individual Low Carb Mushroom Pizzas
preconditions: Heat oven to 350
|(Actual amount of each ingredient varies depending on the size of the caps)|
4 Very Large Portobello Mushroom Caps
20 oz can Chopped Italian Style Tomatoes, rinsed and drained well
2 C Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
3 T chopped fresh basil leaves
2 T Minced Fresh Sweet Onion
1/4 C Chopped Pepperoni
Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
2+ Cloves Roasted Garlic (to your taste)
1 T Olive Oil
1 t dried oregano
Add fresh grated parmesan cheese or red hot pepper flakes to the finished "slice"
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and scoop out some of the insides with a spoon, using care not to break the mushrooms.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, mix the cheese, basil, onion, pepperoni, and pepper.
- In another bowl mash the garlic with the olive oil and oregano.
- Fold in the tomatoes; add salt to taste, and mix to coat the tomatoes.
- Spoon enough of the tomato mixture to cover the bottom of each mushroom cap.
- Top with the cheese mixture.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms have softened and begin to sweat.
- EAT - ENJOY!