Lemon Pasta With Salmon
preconditions: Heat broiler.
|3 cups controlled carb pasta|
4 salmon fillets, 3/4" to 1" thk - (6 oz ea)
2 teaspoons olive oil
Salt - to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper - to taste
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon freshly-grated lemon rind
2 bottles clam juice - (8 oz ea)
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons Thickenthin Not/Starch Thickener
1/3 cup chopped dill
1 cup frozen peas - cooked (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, brush salmon with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil 4 inches from heat source, skin-side up about 4 minutes, turn and broil 4 minutes more, just until cooked through.
- Prepare sauce: In pasta pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add lemon juice and lemon rind and cook until almost dry. Add clam juice and cream. Bring to a boil.
- Add thickener and cook, stirring 30 seconds to 1 minute until thickened. Mix in dill and peas. Toss pasta with sauce.
- Gently flake fish on top of sauced pasta. Serve hot.
Carbohydrates: 17.5 grams
Net Carbs: 8 grams
Fiber: 9.5 grams
Protein: 49 grams
Fat: 29 grams
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 204 Calories
20g Fat (86.3% calories from fat)
1g Dietary Fiber
81mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch)
0 Non-Fat Milk