Creamed Beef Florentine
|1 lb. ground round or sirloin|
Peanut or Walnut oil for browning
2 Tablespoons finely minced or chopped onion
1 can whole leaf spinach
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Parmesan or Romano Cheese - preferably fresh
- Brown burger (Laura's Lean brand works well here if it's available in your area) with finely minced onion, taking care to break burger into fine bits as you brown (avoid large clumps of beef.) This browns best in peanut oil or walnut oil but any will do.
- When done, remove burger from skillet to a bowl and set aside.
- Lower heat to simmer and pour in 1 cup of heavy cream and stir until cream begins to reduce.
- Add ground black pepper and stir.
- Add 1 can of well drained spinach and stir gently until hot and the cream is getting a bit thick.
- Add burger meat back into skillet gently and mix well with sauce.
Spoon into shallow bowls and top with salt to taste and lots and lots of Parmesan or Romano Cheeses. It's quite delicious, but admittedly a bit odd looking.
4.5 carb grams per serving.