Chili Con Carne
|4 pounds lean ground beef|
1/2 onion - chopped
1 can diced tomatoes in juice - (15 1/2 oz)
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 garlic cloves - crushed
Salt - to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper - to taste
3 tablespoons chile powder
- Brown ground beef in dutch oven.
- Drain excess fat. Add chopped onion and garlic, and saute until onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes (with the juice) and cumin. Add chili powder. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Comments: Garnish with sour cream, sliced jalapeņos, grated cheese. Carb counts do not include garnishes.
3 carb grams per serving
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 609 Calories
47g Fat (71.7% calories from fat)
trace Dietary Fiber
159mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch)
6 Lean Meat