Baked Stuffed Mushrooms With Sausage And Mozzarella
preconditions: Heat oven to 400 degrees.
|1 pound large fresh white mushrooms - (abt 24) - cleaned|
2 tablespoons vegetable oil - divided
4 ounces bulk Italian sausage
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 garlic cloves - pressed
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese - plus
2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese - divided
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms;
- finely chop enough stems to equal 1/2 cup and reserve (save remaining stems for another use). Place mushroom caps in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Arrange caps cavity side up on a shallow baking pan; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add sausage, green onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and reserved chopped mushroom stems.
- Cook, stirring, breaking sausage into smaller pieces with a fork, for about 5 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from heat; add 1/2 cup mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese and stir just until cheese melts.
- Stuff mushroom caps with sausage mixture; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons mozzarella.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
Net Carbs: 1 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Fat: 2.5 grams
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 22 Calories
2g Fat (79.0% calories from fat)
trace Dietary Fiber
20mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch)
0 Lean Meat