|6 hard-boiled eggs|
4 teaspoons capers - finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely-chopped celery
1 green onion - finely chopped
2 ounces cooked ham - finely chopped
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt - to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper - to taste
-- OPTIONAL GARNISH --
Chopped parsley or chopped fresh dill
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; scoop out yolks into a bowl.
- Mix in celery, green onion, ham, mayonnaise and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the yolk mixture evenly among the reserved whites, mounding it slightly.
- Garnish with paprika and parsley if desired.
- Eggs may be stored, covered in plastic in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- Comments: For perfect hard-cooked eggs, place eggs in a saucepot and add enough water to cover them by 1 inch. Bring water to a boil; remove from heat and leave eggs in water 15 minutes before peeling.
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Net Carbs: 2 grams
Protein: 12 grams
Fat: 17 grams
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 218 Calories
18g Fat (74.9% calories from fat)
trace Dietary Fiber
380mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Lean Meat
1 1/2 Fat
0 Other Carbohydrates.